I start trying to think of what I’d put in my (tiny) car if I had to evacuate. It generally starts out pretty manageable, like this:
- Electronics (iPad, MacBook, iPod, sratberry)
- A couple changes of clothes.
- A picture of my parents together (the only one I have)
But it just keeps expanding because I add things like:
- Books (Yes. All of them.)
- Stand Mixer
- Mom’s Jefferson Airplane album
- The flag my brother in law brought me when he was in Afghanistan
And then I think… “Nah. I’ll just stay
Ask me if I’m sorry.
- they were half price
- they smell amazing
- I regret nothing.
- my Pottermore email
- my Pinterest email
- to hear whether or not I got 1 of the 10 librarian jobs I applied for.
- Apple iOS5
- moving in with Hailey
- My cat, Jude
- Shabby Chic
- Criminal Minds (always.)
Drinking coffee out of my Christmas cup doesn’t make it any closer to Christmas.
There’s a librarian position opening up at my library and a few days ago, I asked my boss what the chances were that I’d be hired for it. Her answer was something to the tune of “What chances?” So, I was hopelessly bummed for about half an hour and then I decided that his position was my Harvard Law. I am going to read every book in existence on library science and be super employee until they’d look like idiots if they didn’t hire me.
So, take THAT, library!
It has come to my attention that although I have recently been reblogging like a mad woman, I haven’t really written much of anything. So, here are some particulars on my current situation and a few things I may have forgotten to mention.
1. I’m laying in bed watching Toddlers and Tiaras. I know that show is terrible, but y’all, I can’t stop.
2. I know we all, being from the South, (or Southern at heart) love our sweet iced tea. But I’m feeling a little bit under the weather tonight, and I just found a mason jar of Russian spice tea mix that my ex boyfriend’s mom gave me at Christmas. Just the smell of it makes me miss my mom, and it tastes divine too.
3. I now have a little kitty named Jude. He got his first bath tonight and I thank the Lord for Pet Head Blueberry Muffin waterless shampoo. My kitten smells like breakfast and he didn’t claw my eyes out.
4. I got my first spray tan. Now I’m fabulous.
5. I graduated college, officially.
6. I applied for three new jobs within the same Library system and I’m really stressed out about it.
7. No, really, this tea is amazing.
Attn: This has been a post.